Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Learned Something New 12/16/08

Today I learned:
1) That we are under an ice and fog advisory
So today schools were canceled and the kids and I stayed in. I turned off the phone ringer and we drank hot chocolate and watched the movie "Elf". It was wonderful! Now the news is broadcasting that we are in for a fog advisory tonight. The roads have been treacherous, but one think I am completely thankful for is the fact that I quit my job earlier in 2008 to go back to being a stay-at-home and work-at-home mom. I remember last year driving to work after dropping my kids off at school and worrying if I would make it there without getting into a car accident. Now with that worry off my mind, it sure felt good to be able to stay home with my kids and just do nothing and not have to worry that I was one of those drivers stuck in early morning traffic with all the pile ups from the ice on the roads! And tonight my PTA meeting and basketball practice have also been canceled, so it really is going to be a stay-at-home kind of day! Yippee....

No comments: