Monday, September 1, 2008

Learned Something New 9/1/08

Today I learned that:

1) Wasps do not belong in my house!

Me and the kids are locked up in my office because get this -- there is a WASP flying around loose in our house! I just want to die because you know that means I need to kill it. The kids are sitting by the doors looking out into the living room keeping watch for it to land. I have gone out twice to try and swat it, but it comes and flies towards me so I run like bloody heck out of there. I hung two fly strip traps, but no bites so far and I just made a liter bottle trap that I found the instructions for online, but still nothing. We might be in here all night if I don't kill it soon! I can't have the kids sleeping with a wasp flying around. And I have Texas brisket in the oven waiting for me to finish it and I am too scared to go to the kitchen and open the oven! UGH! How that stupid thing got in here I will never know!!!!

Oh my god, the kids are the worst! I thought there was a rabid animal or something in the house when they started screaming. And of course my son locked himself in the bathroom at first and shoved a towel under the door so it couldn't "crawl" in. I was like --it's not a snake!!!!!!! I am trying to put out a bowl of sugar and water which my sister says will attract it, but then that means I need to leave the office and go into the kitchen and I have no freaking idea where this thing is now. A little while ago it landed on the stair wood banister so I went out there and started spraying it with my Raid and of course wouldn't you know the dang narm Raid spray didn't reach it!!! UGH!!! So I got Raid all over the carpet and the stupid wasp flew away. The only bug spray I have is for ants and roaches, I hope that works on it. Wish me luck. I am going to run to the kitchen with my fly swatter and my raid in hand. I feel like I am in Iraq or something looking around corners to see if the thing is coming towards me and then running like heck to get into the kitchen!

Ding dong the WASP is dead the wicked WASP, the wicked WASP, ding dong the wicked WASP is Deeeeeaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd! I feel like a fool......remember when I said I sprayed it with the Raid and the spray didn't reach, well I guess it did reach because we haven't seen it for a couple of hours even after I put out the sugar water and plate of sugar, so I go out to the combat fields to check things out and I don't see it anywhere, well I look on the floor below the stairs and there it lay!!! Dead from the Raid! We could have come out of hiding 2 hours ago!!! So I sprayed it with hairspray, just to make sure, you never know those wasps, could be a trap! And then I picked it up with the flyswatter (or shall I say waspswatter for today) and flushed that thing down the toilet -- I flushed twice just to make sure!!!!! Ding dong the WASP is dead the wicked WASP, the wicked WASP, ding dong the wicked WASP is Deeeeeaaaaaaaadddddddddddddd!

No comments: